Tuesday 23 October 2012

Killarney Weekend

I travelled to Killarney in Ireland  at the weekend for two Pro Tour events at the Gleneagle Hotel.
On the Saturday I made it to the quarter finals and this is how it went.
Started with a 6-5 win against Steve Maish, 6-3 Joe Byrne, 6-3 Mark Webster,6-4 James Hubbard, then lost to the eventual tournament winner Peter Wright 6-4.
On Sunday I made the board final after beating Peter Hudson 6-3,Campbell Jackson 6-3 and for the second day running Peter Wright beat me 6-4.
Peter was in brilliant form all weekend and Mighty Mike Van Gerwen won the Sunday event,  my Congratulations to them both.
This week I travel to Holland for the 5th European Tour of the year at the Van der Valk  Hotel and I have drawn Dean Winstanley in the first round.
Dean and I are both trying to qualify for the Players Championship Finals at Minehead in November and there is literally nothing separating us in the order of merit so this should be a really exciting game.
Until Next Time
Happy Darting Steve