Tuesday 31 July 2012

Matchplay update

Hi Everyone,

I enjoyed my time in the Betfair  World Matchplay in Blackpool and was really happy with  my performance throughout.

After beating Kevin Painter in a very tough first round match 10 – 6 with a 95.57 average, I was set for my second round match against Mighty Mike.

I  was up for the game and playing some brilliant darts, scoring heavily, but needed to take out a few more high finishes.
 Michael Van  Gerwen  however did  hit 6 x 100 plus shots out and also a sensational nine darter on the way to beating me 13 – 9.

Fair play, Michael was in awesome form, Congratulations and good luck to the youngster.

Michael’s average 104.36  -  Steve’s 100.88

Normally you would win the game with a 100 plus average.

Definitely looking forward to the rest of the darting year and taking my recent form forward.
 My next aim is to qualify for the  World Grand  Prix in Ireland.

Thanks to all my supporters  and my sponsors: Winmau, NDL Webdesign, Wigley Commercial Ltd and EHL UK Building Maintenance & Facilities Services.

Happy Darting
Steve