Monday 9 July 2012

Dusseldorf, Germany 6-8th July

I claimed my 32 spot back from Mark Hylton and secured my place in the World Matchplay.

I travelled to the Maritim Hotel, Dusseldorf, Germany for the third European Tour of the  year with one thing on my mind, I need to qualify for the World Matchplay!!!

In my first round I defeated Tony Littleton 6-3.

Second round I knocked out World Champion Adrian Lewis with a 6-3 victory.
After sharing the games first four legs, I won four of the  next five with a 116 checkout in the eighth (treble 20, double top, double 8) and sealing the win in the ninth with double 8.

I  then played Mervyn King in a close fought match, losing it  6-5 after missing too many doubles.

I am disappointed to have lost against Merv but am delighted to have secured a place in the BetFair World Matchplay and also claiming back the 32 spot.

I have drawn my mate Kev Painter in the first round at Blackpool.

It was a very nervy time for a lot of players in Dusseldorf, so congratulations to everyone who qualified because there are some brilliant players that never made it.

Congratulations to Raymond Van Barneveld on winning the tournament beating  Dave Chisnall 6-4 in the final.

I’m off to the practise board now, round the board on doubles again !!!!!

Happy Darting
Steve